Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Swastika Part II

As mentioned in the previous post, I have been trying to spread the word offline and online. A few of those efforts were met with encouraging reactions from some american students. For example, a TC student was happy to receive information about the Indian Swastika and the way we use it in daily life. She also volunteered to talk about it with a friend in the student senate so that it can be handled at a macro level. I also wrote a comment on the public scribbling boards made available during the unrest in TC in the main lobby.

I asked a question regarding spreading information about Swastika on Yahoo Answers. It received a mixed responce. Here is the link to the QA:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ate.S03nXLZHNxWLaKSoIxnsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20071109171936AAsU3xV

I will keep updating this post as and when I get more feedback

1 comment:

Sarah Siegel said...

It was a bit disorienting for me when we lived in India for six months -- seeing a swastika as a positive symbol on trucks and fences, given my frame of reference as a Jew whose parents were alive during the Holocaust, albeit, living in the U.S. then.

When I kept telling myself that for India, it was a good symbol, it helped....