Saturday, December 30, 2017

Good Bye NYC!

As we planned and re-planned the details of our move to India, one thing I knew for sure - we will fly out of New York City. I have no emotional attachment to Boston and it would be such a shame not to see NYC, the love my life, for one last time.

I thought a lot about what I want to do in NYC and scratched all the touristy things that we listed together. The only thing I wanted to do was to hang out with friends, walk the streets, eat whatever random street food we saw on the way and just soak in the city that I called home for a decade.

Met some of my oldest friends in NYC. Extended lunch over dimsum till we couldn't get up, warm bowl of ramen on a wicked cold night, gyro on the cart, ate our way through the Bryant park holiday market, managed to eat horrible Met cafeteria food as well just for old times sake.  ;)

Cigar making demonstration as we wait for some Cuban food near Washington Square park:

  
Walking the city was a hit and miss. The snowstorm and the arctic wave did not make it easy but we did good. :)
Peak into a random church to get warm as we wandered in UWS:


Walking around TC and Columbia campus was mostly about getting things done like the post office visit, popping in the Columbia shop to buy some memorabilia. TC was deserted due to the holiday. But Parag insisted on getting photos in the deserted corridors. So here is one just to say I was at TC:




I am content as I leave this city. Many memories, no regrets!

No comments: